Every week, I sit and gush to everyone about how much I love their weekly wrap-up posts. And yet for some reason I keep thinking that I shouldn’t do one, because nobody would be interested in it. But then I thought, if I love everyone else‘s, then somebody likes them! Right? Right. So. Thus begins my attempt at a week-in-review from my corner of the book bloggery world. I hope you (somebody?) enjoy it.
In case you missed it…
I posted some stuff on my blog this week! Yay, I am a productive member of the blogging community. End-of-month weeks are always kind my favorite because I get to talk about all the cool things happening next month!
- I reviewed Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes and talked about how being inundated with a ton of characters can be confusing at first.
- I talked about the top ten books I recommend most.
- I also couldn’t help myself and shared a teaser for Requiem.
- I memed it up, pining for These Broken Stars.
- I talked about all the awesome YA book things that are Almost Here!
- I asked if anyone else shares my weird reading habits (and got answers!).
And cool things were posted by my some of favorite book bloggers
I’ve discovered so many great book blogs out there lately, and it’s been really hard to keep up with them all. However, I have now decided (and I should have done this sooner) to start keeping a list of my favorite posts each week so I can share them with you, the way that all of you do with me! My highlights from this week:
- Quirky talked about 4 books she pretends to have read but she really hasn’t!
- Kelly wrote her blogging manifesto.
- Parajunkee wondered: what is inappropriate for Young Adult?
- Ashley shared why she changed her stance on ebooks.
- Asti talked about how you can make your own cover for a book if you don’t like its actual cover.
- Renae talked about her bookish pet peeves.
- Asti talked about her inability to abandon a book, even if she doesn’t like it!
At last, I also have a question of the week.
What do you guys think of the header images for my blog posts? They’re only visible if you’re looking at the main page (or any view that shows multiple posts), not an individual post, which kinda bothers me. Should I keep up with them? Or are they not worth it, since they’re not always seen? Any comments would be appreciated.