In 2013, I’m going to post a recap each month, talking about all of the books I read in that month. My goal is to read 60 books this year, which means five books a month. In February, my plan was to read the following 5 books: A Million Suns by Beth Revis, Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi, Hidden by PC and Kristin Cast, Dark Companion by Marta Acosta, and The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. In addition, I’ve been listening to the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson on audio, in my car, whenever I have the opportunity.
How well did I stick to the plan?
What I read in February
Okay, so I didn’t exactly stick to the plan, but I still read more than I thought I would have time for in February, which is pretty cool. After A Million Suns, I decided to read Unremembered since my sister can an ARC of it in the mail. I brought it with me when I went out of town over the weekend and stupidly did NOT bring a second book with me. SO, once I finished Unremembered, I started reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children on the Kindle app I have on my phone. I have a nice collection of Kindle books, but decided on that one since it seems to be one of the more popular ones.
Reading Challenge Updates
Here’s the progress I’ve made so far on my reading challenges for 2013.
BINGO! This month I didn’t get any BINGOs but I did make some progress. (See all my progress here.)
- 2 books from my tbr pile (The Hobbit, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle)
- 2 books that are part of a series (Hidden, A Million Suns)
- 2 books released in 2013 (Unremembered, Neferet’s Curse)
- 1 book that everyone has read but me (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children)
- 1 book from tbr pile that is also part of a series (The Gathering Storm) – I haven’t decided whether I’ll count this as a TBR pile book or a series book, for the Bingo card.
Debut Author Challenge
None this month, but hopefully I’ll make up for that in March. (See all my progress here.)
I made progress on a few series this month: House of Night, Across the Universe, and The Wheel of Time. I can’t cross any of these completely off yet, but soon! (See all my progress here.)