Okay, here’s what happened. I had a plan for February, as you can see below. Right on schedule, I started reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. But then, this past weekend my husband and I went to the museum with a couple of friends. Afterward we went to eat at this adorable little restaurant called The Hobbit Cafe. Naturally, we started talking about the Hobbit movie. Our friend was saying how he didn’t like it because they added some things that weren’t in the book. At that point, I mentioned how I wanted to read the book but we can’t find our copy, so I asked him if he had a copy I could borrow. To which he said yes and lent me his copy via the Nook.
Well! Apparently, when one lends you a book through Nook, you only have 14 days to read it. So, I decided I ought to just hurry up and read that one, so Edgar Sawtelle was put on hold. I plan to finish The Hobbit today and get back to my planned schedule as soon as possible.
Currently in my TBR Pile:
As usual, I’ve got a monthly book club reading assignment, along with the other books I want to read. This month my book club assignment is a pretty long one, so I’m not sure if I’ll get to read 5 whole books in February. One can hope. (Don’t all these book covers look pretty next to one another?!)
Reading Challenge Progress
So the books this months should fulfill a couple of challenge check-offs.
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and Dark Companion will cross of square B2 for Book Bingo.
- A Million Suns and Hidden will cross off square I2 for Book Bingo.
- Through the Ever Night will go with Poison (from January) to cross off square N2 for Book Bingo.
- Through the Ever Night will also let me cross off the Under the Never Sky series for Seriously Series.
- A Million Suns and Hidden will also get me closer to checking off those two series for Seriously Series.
- Oh, and The Hobbit can also count toward square B3 for Book Bingo. Neato!
By the Way…
How do you like my new blog theme? I freakin love it so much and don’t want to stop looking at it!